The Lindum Medical Practice is pleased to be able to offer our patients access to routine appointments at evenings and weekends.
The new service is part of an extended access service which has been commissioned by NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group.
The appointments will also be available on bank holidays and across the Easter, Christmas and New Year periods.
Extended hours appointments are for pre-bookable non-urgent appointments. Examples of these include chronic illness and medicines reviews.
The service is being delivered by a federation of GP practices in the area. If a patient wishes to attend an extended hours appointment, they may need to travel to another local GP practice and may not necessarily see their own GP.
In our locality, appointments are available between 6.30pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday mornings. There are also a number of additional appointments being made available during core hours (8.00am to 6.30pm Monday – Friday)
To arrange an appointment or for more information on when and where appointments are available, speak to the practice receptionist or member of the practice team or call the practice on 01522 569033.
Important things to remember
- These are pre bookable and not acute “on the day” matters
- Booked in advance through your own GP reception
- Could be with a health professional from any of the federation practices
- Not always at your own GP premises, may need to travel to another local practice
- Out of “core hours” are after 18.30 to 20.00 in the week. Weekends and bank holidays may be morning appointments.
- These offer additional capacity across the federation practices
- If you would like more information ask at Reception.
In September 2018, Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) launched Extended Access to GP Services to patients registered with a GP practice in Lincoln, Gainsborough, and surrounding areas.
The service gives patients access to pre-bookable routine appointments every weekday evening, at weekends and bank holidays, either at their own GP practice or at another local practice.
We are now evaluating the service and would welcome feedback from patients as part of this. We would be grateful if you complete all questions within the survey, and respond by midnight on Sunday, March 31, 2019. The survey should only take a few minutes to complete.